We at Mikeal Taylor Insurance Agency offer competitive rates for motorcycle insurance in Colorado Springs, CO through Farmers Insurance. We receive regular feedback that our bikers are quite happy with their coverage from Farmers.
Anyone who enjoys a motorcycle ride on the open road has to be on the adventurous side. However, you mustn’t be too risky when it comes to your motorcycle insurance. To be a free spirit is one thing, To be reckless with your lack of insurance is another. You need to select motorcycle insurance that fits your needs, just as you picked a bike that fits you best.
Let us us help you with that. Simply call us to get a free quote and we’ll get you on your way.
Learn More: How Does Motorcycle Insurance Work? What Are The Basic Requirements?
Motorcycle insurance works much like regular auto insurance and recreational vehicle insurance. Colorado motorcycle owners have to keep at least liability insurance on their bike according to the DMV. The following are the basic coverage requirements:
- Bodily injury per person of at least $25,000.
- $50,000 for each accident for bodily injury.
- $15,000 for each accident for property damage
The above is a breakdown of the minimum amount of insurance a motorcycle owner must have. You also need to ask about the guest passenger policy aspect of your liability coverage. Some liability plans include this and some do not. This of course protects passengers who are riding on your bike in the event of an accident. The following are other types of coverage. You can add these to your liability policy. We at Mikeal Taylor Insurance Agency recommend them as positive add on to what you have to have:
- Collision Coverage: This part of a motorcycle insurance policy pays to replace or repair your bike if you get into an accident. This is of course after you pay your deductible. Collision coverage typically gives you the book value of your bike at the time of the accident.
- Comprehensive Coverage: This coverage takes care of your motorcycle if it is damaged in some way other than an accident. Examples of this include vandalism, fire or theft. You will have to pay a deductible with this as well. It will also usually pay the book value of your motorcycle at the time of the accident.
- Note: Collision and comprehensive coverage will only pay to have factory parts installed after an accident or event. This means your custom paint job, sidecar, or added equipment won’t be covered. Therefore, Mike recommends you get more coverage if you spend money customizing your bike.
- Underinsured or Uninsured Motorist Coverage: This protects you if the other driver is either underinsured or not insured at all. This usually covers lost wages, medical treatment and damages. It might also cover property damage on occasion. However, sometimes property damage isn’t included and should be added to your policy.
VIDEO: Motorcycle Insurance in Colorado Springs
In this video, Mikeal Taylor answers several common questions people have about buying motorcycle insurance:
Who Needs Motorcycle Insurance?
Anyone who owns a motorcycle needs to have motorcycle insurance. To not at least have minimum coverage on your motorcycle is unwise. Our team at Mikeal Taylor Insurance Agency determines exactly what kind and amount of coverage you need. This will be based upon the value of your motorcycle among other factors.
What Does Motorcycle Insurance Cover?
Motorcycle coverage will provide protection for a variety of incidents. What is covered greatly depends on your specific policy. Of course, the more coverage you have the more protection you will have. Typical collision and comprehensive coverage will do the following:
- Replace or repairs your bike if you wreck.
- Protect against theft.
- Protect against vandalism.
- More based upon your specific policy.
How Much Motorcycle Insurance Coverage do You Need?
This varies based upon your particular needs. The value of your motorcycle and how often you drive it are also factors that will affect how much coverage you need. We at Mikeal Taylor Insurance Agency help you determine the right amount of coverage.
How Much Is Motorcycle Insurance?
How much your motorcycle insurance will cost depends on many factors. Your age and driving record will affect your costs. The value of your bike and how much you drive your bike will alter your costs as well. How and where you store your bike also affect insurance prices. Typical the cost of liability coverage ranges anywhere from $100 to $500 yearly.
How Do You Get Motorcycle Insurance?
Come see us at Mikeal Taylor Insurance Agency to set up your motorcycle insurance today. Our team sits down with you and goes over your specific needs. Then, we create a motorcycle insurance policy that meets all your requirements.
Tips to Save Money on Bike Insurance:
There are several easy ways to save on the cost of insurance. Read below for a few tips:
- Take a Training Course: Take a motorcycle training course. You likely get a discount on your motorcycle insurance once you pass. This discount can’t be applied year after year. It usually only applicable every three to five years.
- Keep Your Driving Record Clean: Keeping a clean driving record makes you a preferred operator. This likely qualifies you for a discount. Keep a clean driving record by staying accident and ticket free.
- Use Networks: There are many motorcycle associations and organizations for motorcycle owners. You can usually qualify for discounts with your membership.
- Ask For Any Available Discounts: There are several ways we can get you a discount on your motorcycle insurance. One example is the multi line discount. You might also qualify if you are over a certain age.
- Be Clear on How You Use Your Bike: You pay less if you ride your bike only on the weekend than you do if you ride daily. Be sure to mention exactly how often you ride your bike when coming in for motorcycle insurance.
- Consider The Type of Bike: Sport bikes will usually cost more to insure than other styles. Therefore staying away from them is wise if you want to reduce costs.
Call us at Mikeal Taylor Insurance Agency to find out more about bike insurance. Our team is committed to helping our clients keep their investments safe. We want them to have exactly the coverage they need no matter if it’s a bike, car or something else we are insuring. – nothing less, nothing more.